Dan is an experienced director, producer, and cameraman. He supervised the production of hit documentary television series, like Yukon Men on Discovery, Garage Gold on DIY Network, and the Buying Alaska on Destination America. At Paper Route Productions, Dan was the Director of Talent and Casting. He booked people for documentary and reality shows all over the country, finding entertaining characters with unique lifestyles. Dan’s strategy is to constantly think outside of the box to attract a new audience. With a focus on great storytelling, Dan produces original, entertaining, and …Read Complete Bio
Garage Gold, DIY Network
Supervising Producer and Director, Winter 2015 – Summer 2015 (26 Episodes)
- Shot and directed 3 camera scenes, mostly run-and-gun style.
- Managed cast and crew during field production.
- Produced story, including improvisational comedy moments.
‘Buying’ Series, Destination America
Series Producer, Winter 2014 – Winter 2015 (60 Episodes)
- Managed the overall production of four shows for Destination America: Buying the Beach, Buying the Rockies, Buying Alaska, and Buying the Bayou.
- Staffed, wrote production bible, and created workflows for each show.
- Wrote episodic treatments for network approval, and wrote shooting outlines for the field.
Supervising Producer and Director, Spring 2013 – Winter 2014 (40 Episodes)
- Shot and directed 3-camera scenes in the field
- Managed talent and crew in the field.
- Produced story and conducted interviews.
Yukon Men, Discovery Channel
Supervising Field Producer and Shooter, Fall 2012 – Spring 2013 (12 Episodes)
- Lived and worked in the remote Alaskan village of Tanana during the harsh winter environment.
- Became immersed in the local culture and community to produce potential storylines.
- Worked with team of producer/shooters to sculpt story lines based on true experiences and challenges of the community.
- Directed multiple camera scenes, shot single camera scenes, and conducted interviews with cast.
- Managed cast and crew schedules.
Brothers On Call, DIY Network, Supervising Producer/ Director
Buying Alaska S1, Destination America, Field Producer/ Director
Ghost Lab, Discovery Channel, Field Producer (Season 2), Production Coordinator (Season 1)
Extreme Cleaners, TLC, Producer
Bloody Good, 3Net, Production Manager
Alaska Baseball Pilot, MTV Networks, Development Producer/ Shooter
Inside the Actors Studio, Bravo, Camera Operator
Paranormal State, A&E, Associate Producer
Hip Hop for Health, Breathe Entertainment, Shooter/Producer Camera Experience: Canon: C300, 5D; SONY: FS700, EX3, Z7U; Panasonic: HVX, HDX900
Education: B.A. in Media Study: Television Production from SUNY at Buffalo – Spring 2007
More About Dan McKenna
Press Kit Materials
There are no EPK materials listed for this Engineer/Producer.